The countdown has begun. By 13 December of this year, a whole new set of food and nutrition labelling rules – assembled under Regulation 1194/2011, known as the Food Information to Consumer (FIC)-Regulation – will be applicable in full swing.
Are companies ready for the new rules? Are member states ready and willing to enforce them? And what will be their effect on consumer behaviour? As the EU is heading towards the December deadline, much remains unclear.
Against this backdrop, Lexxion’s 8th European Food and Feed Law (EFFL) Conference takes place on 16 & 17 October 2014 in Vienna and will be devoted to “Food Information to Consumers – Ready to Take up the Challenge”. The following and many more issues will be addressed:
Use this excellent opportunity to receive first-hand information and to discuss your questions with leading food law experts from EU institutions and agencies, public authorities, industry, private legal practice and academia, among others:
- The EU Commission’s view and EFSA’s role
- Responsibilities in the food chain
- National nutrition schemes
- Specific labelling requirements: COOL, Nano Materials
- Evidence-based advertising
Further information on the programme and the list of speakers are available in the programme flyer. For online registration please visit our website.
- Alexandra Nikolakopoulou, Deputy Head of Unit, DG SANCO, European Commission, Brussels (tbc)
- Bernhard Url, Acting Executive Director, European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), Brussels (tbc)
- Bernd van der Meulen, Professor of Law and Governance, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- Luis González Vaqué, President of the "China-European Unión Food Law Working Party", Barcelona-Shangai
- Martin Holle, Professor of Food Law and Administrative Law, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg
- Katharina Koßdorff, Director General, Food Industries Association of Austria, Vienna
- Andreas Meisterernst, Meisterernst Rechtsanwälte PartG mbB, Munich
- Neil Fletcher, General Counsel for Food and Refreshment, Unilever UK, London (tbc)
- Andreas Natterer, Schoenherr Attorneys At Law, Vienna
Please note: Subscribers of the European Food and Feed Law Review (EFFL) receive a 10% discount on the participation fee!
Do not miss the opportunity to attend this highly important event and secure your seat today!
I look forward to meeting you in Austria’s beautiful capital on 16-17 October 2014.
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
With sunny greetings
Lexxion Publisher firstname.lastname@example.org
T: +49-30-81 45 06-15
F: +49-30-81 45 06-22 Lexxion Verlagsgesellschaft mbH, Güntzelstraße 63, 10717 Berlin, Germany
Geschäftsführer/publisher: Dr. Wolfgang Andreae
Registergericht/register court: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Registernummer/company registration number: HRB 75875
USt-IdNr./vat reg. no.: DE209981990
Steuer-Nr./tax no.: 1127/249/00846